Saturday, June 16, 2012

Weekly Know-It-All Wrap-Up June 1-15

Again with the two week timeframe, but that's okay. There wasn't a whole lot that happened in the first week, so I decided not to bore the world with all of three links to my awesome writing. That's what playing catch-up is for!

Anyways, I did some writing for The Golden Vanguard, naturally, as my favourite e-newspaper to contribute to and read. Seriously, if you haven't checked out the other writers, you should. They're good peoples.

Some news that I shared the past two weeks. Canada's food inspection agency is proposing some changes to the regulations and policies when it comes to the inspection of our food. I think this will be a good thing, as long as it is followed properly. I also shared that Bill C-279 has passed the second reading in the House of Commons. This bill is to include individuals of non-binary gender and gender-variant people (including trans people) in hate crime and discrimination laws. Here's hoping it makes the last two steps of being passed!

On Helium, I added two short stories (fiction). One under the title "A Sorrowful Sunset" which my title is "Goodbye Sunset". The other is under the title "Perfect Daylight" and my title for it is "The Perfect Day". I'm trying to work on my fiction writing skills, and fantasy ideations.

I also did a piece on how to be a good friend to someone with bipolar disorder. Kind of worked in with the fact that I received my official diagnosis this week, and I really want to be able to share how to maximize your life despite having a mental illness.

Did a few posts on here too, for that matter! Check them out, and comment if you care to share your thoughts.

A moment of pride for myself here, I won Writer of the Month for May with The Golden Vanguard. The editors ran a contest for the writers, and whoever writes the most individual articles in a month wins Writer of the Month. As a prize, I get a full page feature of their spiffy website. Check it out here!

I also started doing some work on Fiverr.com, to try and boost my non-typical income. I got a gig (two technically) translating a website from english to french. Not too shabby, plus it keeps me practicing and improving my french every day. Hopefully I get more!

For a directory of the gigs I'm offering on Fiverr.com and on Twentyville.com, click the links! Any help or work is appreciated, so if I'm offering something you're interested, let me know! (And if you don't want the sites to get any royalties, feel free to hire me straight from here, you know how to contact me!)

Any comments, questions, requests? Post them below, or drop me a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment