Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekly Know-It-All Wrap-Up May 26-31

It's (was) Friday once more, and that means you all get to catch a glimpse of the awesome-ness that is my writing. It was a pretty productive week, despite the personal crap that I've been dealing with, so enjoy!

On Mrs. Omniscient, I wrote on the topic of small issues being ignored and becoming larger until they threaten to consume in regards to parenting. I also touched on what the words peace and pacifism mean to me.

For The Golden Vanguard, I touched on news for the first time. Locally, I mentioned how an East End Ottawa location is being considered for a new waste management facility. Canada-wide, the changes to the EI system were covered, as was the possibility of marketing a genetically modified apple in Canadian markets.

On the subject of health and well-being, I explained the positive and negative effects of stress. In the interest of breaking down stereotypes, the fact that not all homosexual men are effeminate was a piece from my heart. Finally, to wrap up Mental Health Awareness
Month, I explained the difference between personality quirks and mental illness. Finally, a book review of an old favourite of mine, The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman.

Quite a bit of writing for The Golden Vanguard, but I really enjoy it. I also succeeded at writing the most articles for them than any of their other writers last month. I'm going to get a feature for that success, so stay tuned for that!

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment