Thursday, July 5, 2012

Movie Review: The Avengers

WW and I finally got to get out just the two of us for some "adult time" and so we went on a date! To the movies! And we saw:

The Avengers!

Yes! Absolute nerd-gasm going on just at the thought of seeing it, so despite the fact that it was released to theaters forever ago, I still got to see it on the big screen. Awesome.

Anyways, as for the actual movie, it was incredible.

1. Robert Downey Jr. IS Tony Stark. No one could ever play him better. The sass, the attitude, the natural looking facial expressions. Just such perfection for depicting the genius billionaire playboy philanthropist.

2. Mark Ruffalo redeemed himself in my eyes. I despised his character in The Kids Are Alright, and he just seemed like a boring, lame, stupid-funny actor with no depth. But oh my god did he ever pull the Hulk off like a boss. Seriously. I love Edward Norton, but Mark Ruffalo is definitely a better Hulk, both in human form and Hulk form.

3. Hawkeye was not that boring, he actually had some depth and important moments. Not to mention he made Natasha Romanoff (Black Widow) show off some of her humanity and backstory. Good stuff.

4. Loki. Oh my Marvel!

There were some sad moments as well, which I can't really share without screaming SPOILERS so I won't. But deep stuff, very well made.

The entire movie was chock full of quality one-liners and funny moments, while also showing the struggle and the depth of the plot. It was pulled off extremely well in my opinion, and I look forward to the next one. But they had better use the same actors/actresses. Seriously.

Have you seen the Avengers? What did you think? Share, share, share!

2 comments:

  1. I ADORED this movie. Matt and I saw it the first night it came out. We had front row seats unfortunately, but it didn't ruin the movie on bit. I have no complaints! Can't wait for it to come out on dvd so we can watch it over. And over, and over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm super psyched for the release. Have a Marvel Movie Madness weekend once they are all out. I also need to purchase Thor and Captain America, but Netflix will do for now :)

    ReplyDelete