Thursday, January 3, 2013

Trying New Things: ViSalus Shakes

In my ongoing quest to eat healthier and less junk, I started using the ViSalus meal replacement shakes. I was concerned when I first heard about them, because all I saw was people pushing them all over Facebook and the website didn't have any real information.

That has changed recently, people that I know and trust have been using them for months and have shared their opinions and results with me. They aren't being pushed every way you turn. And, most importantly, the website has some real information on it. Including nutritional information, ingredients, etc.

I am not a partner for the Body by Vi system, I just started drinking them for while I'm at work (deters from the McDonald's and other nearby junk food), and I do not use them at home.

But, despite being only 110 calories per serving (plus whatever beverage you mix it into, obviously) they are quite good! Not to mention they do keep you full, especially if you double the liquid count that it recommends.

Here is how I use it during the work week (remember, I don't use it on weekends).

Get to work: Make a shake with 2 scoops and ~1 cup of milk. Shake it up, make it all nice and mixed together, then pour into a larger cup (I mix it in a mason jar, it's handy). Add another 1-2 cups of water (WATER). Throw an ice cube or two in if it's not cold enough. Drink, enjoy.

Eat small lunch (some protein and some fruits/veg usually, sometimes bread or crackers or something carby).

Around 2-3pm, make a smaller shake with 1 scoop of powder, mixed with water. Fill cup with 2-3 cups of water (total) after it's all mixed. This carries me through the afternoon energy slump. Sometimes I'll have another fruit, or a coffee. Either or.

Then by the time I get home, I'm hungry but not famished, and I am less likely to snack after dinner.



It tastes good (quite strong if you follow the directions, but I dilute it pretty well so it's yummy), it keeps me full, it gives me good healthy energy, and there are some pretty solid ingredients in there.

The only downside is that it uses soy protein, BUT it is non-GMO soy protein, so it's alright.

I enjoy having the energy all day, I am able to cut down to 2 cups of coffee during the day, and it feels like a treat because it's so darn tasty.

I can't report on it's effectiveness for weightloss (yet) since I only just got a way to weigh myself over Christmas and have only been back at work for 2 days. But I'm sure an update will come when I update you all on my resolutions status.

Thanks for following along, and if you've been on the fence about this product, look at the website again and see if you can find anyone you trust who uses them. Way more accurate than listening to infomercials.

As always,

Peace, love, and shake on!

No comments:

Post a Comment