Monday, May 28, 2012

Peace and Pacifism

This opinion may not be the norm. You may even be shocked to hear it, but it's my site and I can express my feelings freely. If you think differently from me, that's a wonderful thing to hear. So long as you are thinking your own independant thoughts, not thoughts that were drilled into your head by the masses of societal norm.


Maybe you'll even be offended because it is so contrary to your own personal thoughts and beliefs. You know what, that's okay! I am hoping that if nothing else my opinions cause you to reassess yours to ensure that they are in line with what you feel within yourself is right.


I am a very peaceful person, and I believe that there is always a way to avoid violence. Many people disagree, stating that it is sometimes necessary to defend yourself with force. I don't follow that mindset. I prefer to use non-violent means of communication as much as possible.


Now with this, I will follow it up with a different perspective on life in the world we live. In my personal opinion, wars and battles are almost always (if not always) caused by greed. Greed meaning wanting something that someone else has. Greed meaning wanting more than is your fair share. To those who may study religion in some facet, you will know that Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. Regardless of my personal religious and spiritual beliefs, I do believe that the Seven Deadly Sins should be respected.


It may also be known that a large number of wars and battles are 'justified' by using religious bases. Maybe to you it is justified, but to me it's just an excuse to go and hurt others to get what isn't yours. Particularly oxymoronic is the religions who are commanded by their religious tenets to follow and avoid the Seven Deadly Sins, and yet use Greed and Pride and Wrath as their source of power and strength. This does not make sense to me. If you truly believed in God (or whatever he/she may be called) and in Heaven and Hell, then how can you justify hurting other human beings (You shalt not murder, 5th commandment) for the reason of taking what is theirs or on the land they inhabit (Neither shall you desire your neighbor's house, or field, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor, 10th commandment).


If you want to follow the 10 commandments, and avoid the Seven Deadly Sins, how can you honestly justify the killing and stealing and coveting that wars, battles, and armies condone? Even if you do not follow these religious tenets, do you still know that lying, murdering, stealing is wrong?


Why not embrace that which makes each person different, and live wholly by what is right by you? If you feel that the world should be yours, can you honestly justify why you should deserve this above all others? No one person deserves more than any other, so love your neighbour, love your family, and embrace strangers as real people.


Then you can acheive the peacefulness and joy of true pacifism.

(This post was reposted from my other blog which is being phased out. Thanks for reading)

No comments:

Post a Comment