Monday, September 10, 2012

Matching and Clashing

Each day I wake up and get dressed, I look at my clothes to decide what to wear. Some days, like today, I match nicely. Blue tank top with a white button up dress shirt and black dress pants, blue eye shadow and a blue flower clip in my hair.

Other days I clash horribly. I look right out of peopleofwalmart.com, and I don't care because I'm comfortable. The other day i had on purple capri workout pants, black cotton shirt with a collar, black steel toed boots. I looked AWESOME... Not. But I was rock hunting.

Makes me wonder why it matters to some people to match and look fab all the time. I think it would be exhausting. I commend the people who take the time out of their days to do that. I certainly won't be doing that. Even to work sometimes I look borderline ridiculous, but I'm always comfortable and covered, so the boss doesn't care.

Also makes you think about the ever changing definition of what is stylish or fashionable at any given point. What I'm wearing today is considered business casual, but will it still be next year? Probably not.

Keeping up with fashion is exhausting. I'd rather look good in my eyes, dress for my comfort, and handle the dirty looks that I get like a pro. New fashion doesn't necessarily mean you look good, so sticking with what I know works for my body and my shape makes me happy.

And isn't that what it's all about anyways?


Peace, love, and sonic screwdrivers

No comments:

Post a Comment